Healthcare Innomatch Past Winners
Find out more about our past winners
PreSAGE by CoNEX Healthcare
PreSAGE is the only privacy-preserved image-based solution widely adopted in hospitals, nursing homes and now into residential homes. Powered by artificial intelligence and predictive analytics, PreSAGE can now accompany patients from hospital to home. This enables a continuous care cycle as patients recuperate and age in place in the comfort of their homes. Predicting and preventing falls, PreSAGE empowers clinical teams with data and insights into living patterns, behaviour changes, and even nocturnal activities that can guide interventions and rehabilitation.
PreSAGE empowers clinical teams with insights into patient recovery and health statuses to provide timely and effective personalised care and intervention, reducing unnecessary visits and utilisation of resources. Furthermore, patients can possibly be discharged earlier from hospitals to continue their recovery at home, where they can continue receiving 24/7 remote care. In case of adverse events, real-time notifications on patient conditions can also be sent to clinical teams for immediate intervention.
Preventing falls will reduce healthcare resource utilisation, from emergency response services, overloading ED visits, and taking-up valuable bed space in hospitals. Elderly patients already in hospitals can possibly be discharged earlier when they can continue their long-term recovery at home, reducing reliance on valuable healthcare resources. Clinical teams are now armed with insights into patients' recovery journey at home, where they can provide personalised and targeted care when needed, saving time from unnecessary treatment or tedious work such as history taking. Beyond fall prediction, it is even possible for PreSAGE to venture beyond fall prediction into observing dementia or frailty progression.
FxMammo by FathomX
FxMammo is an AI assistant that analyses mammograms to assist early detection of breast cancer. With deep learning technologies and clinically validated parameters, the software improves both the efficiency and accuracy of existing methods, thereby reducing the burden on clinicians. The technology utilises an algorithm that gathers information from four AI models, each analysing one of the four views obtained from the digital mammogram scan. The product is developed following international standards like IEC62304, IEC62366, and ISO14971. It is also approved by the Singapore Health Sciences Authority as a Class B device.
FxMammo aims to serve as an AI Assistant to help ease the workflow by serving as a tool with a high accuracy level. It empowers a junior radiologist to use the tools to make the right decision. This allows the capacity issue to be resolved in dealing with many mammogram screens. The technology has undergone multiple clinical validation studies to prove its accuracy and is in line with global standards. It has a specific niche focus on reading dense breast datasets that are more prevalent among Asian Women. The purpose of test bedding is to set up and monitor several milestones in a local healthcare cluster by tracking key clinical milestones in the form of false recalls, cancer detection for interval cancers and accuracy measured by AUC for a junior radiologist using the AI.
Successful tracking of these milestones would mean that the AI tool performs well to augment a junior radiologist in a Singapore setting and can be used to augment the process of breast cancer screening/diagnosis in Singapore.
KIMIA Recovery Management
System by Kinexcs
KIMIA Recovery Management System is a post-surgical recovery management product comprising a smart wearable sensor device built upon patented and proprietary sensing technologies. It allows remote monitoring of the joint condition and provides regular live feedback to patients. It comes with an AI-based digital therapist that allows for guided at-home exercises and proprietary algorithms used to detect complications during the post-surgical recovery period (such as wound infection, excessive discharge, or bleeding).
The innovation will reduce the number of post-operative clinical visits and save costs for payers while improving clinical outcomes, patient compliance, motivation, engagement, and satisfaction. It is estimated to save up to 80% of visits for post-surgical patients, i.e., from 5-6 post-operative visits to 1-2 trips, saving an estimated up to $600 in costs per patient.
Early detection of complications is another key advantage. In a trial with Total Knee Replacement (TKR) patients at Singapore General Hospital, KIMIA Recover solution is able to detect complications such as wound infection, excessive wound discharge and bleeding in about 10% of patients and alert the care providers promptly.
NuCalm by Quantum
NuCalm is the world’s first and only patented neuroscience technology clinically proven to reduce stress and improve sleep quality without drugs by balancing the human autonomic nervous system. Without pharmacological intervention, side effects and compromise, NuCalm delivers preventive self-care beyond hospital walls, providing significant tangible benefits for Singaporeans to manage baseline stress and anxiety for better health and performance.
QTX Magnetic Mitohormesis by
Post-stroke disability is a major health and socioeconomic burden. Community rehabilitation improves outcomes but is arduous with poor compliance. Supplementary Muscle activation using a novel Singapore-developed muscle-mitochondria activating technology, Magnetic Mitohormesis (MM). It can supplement existing community rehabilitation programmes to improve post-stroke recovery and functional independence.
Us2.AI by Eiko.ai
Us2.AI is an AI-driven solution to acquire and analyse cardiac ultrasound images to diagnose Heart Failure (HF) by nurses in a primary care setting, providing clinical decision support to non-cardiac-expert medical practitioners. It is integrated with point-of-care (PoC) ultrasound devices with an AI assistant to guide the acquisition of images by novices combined with automated interpretation and serves as a one-of-a-kind solution to diagnose HF in a primary care setting at a fraction of the costs of a traditional echocardiographic exam.
Smart Robot Therapists at
Home by Articares
Articares presented a scalable solution for robotics-assisted telerehabilitation at home. Its system provides intelligently adaptable therapy exercise at home while enabling remote monitoring by clinicians.
- Improved sensorimotor and functional outcomes for patients, compared to conventional therapies.
- Faster recovery through increased therapy session frequency and patient compliance.
- Increased productivity for clinicians, by providing them with the capability to plan and monitor the patient’s therapy programme remotely.
- Reduction of direct and indirect healthcare costs, compared to conventional and in-clinic robotic therapy.
AllyCare – Your Ally for Tele-
Rehabilitation by Rootally AI
AllyCare is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) based Tele-Rehabilitation System that therapists can use to deliver remote rehabilitation to the patients with engagement similar to one-on-one sessions, but servicing more people at once.
- Rehabilitation from the safety of home for elderly: The prototype system can be deployed on a mobile platform, allowing flexibility in the location and time of physical therapy rehabilitation exercises.
- There is less reliance on community hospitals and day care centres.
- The number of people accessing rehabilitation is not limited to the availability of healthcare workers.
- The number of people that can access quality rehabilitation concurrently is increased.
- Monitoring can be achieved through data points with staff feedback in the loop.
- The cost of rehabilitation can be potentially lowered because it does not require practitioners, health care workers, or doctors to block out the timing to conduct rehabilitation sessions.
- Virtual assistant will advise the user on how to perform the rehabilitation with tips on posture corrections for the exercises.
EEG Solutions by Epilog
Epilog is specialised in providing electroencephalogram (EEG) insights to improve patient care. EEG (using electrodes to measure electrical brain activity) is crucial in the diagnosis, prognosis and monitoring of epilepsy patients. The EEG report or “passport “ (with all measured parameters) provides parameters of the brain health. It is liken to a test for epileptic brains similar to a blood control test for cholesterol patients.
- It potentially limits the use of other expensive and interventional techniques (e.g. invasive EEG, nuclear imaging, treatment).
- It saves a lot of time or resources versus manual or visual analysis.
- It optimises workflow.
- Epilepsy patients do not necessary have to come to the hospital. They can stay in their familiar environment when closely being monitored remotely through the EEG report or passport which is easily accessible by the HCP on the platform. With home diagnostics, there is less hospitalisation costs.
- Long-term monitoring and analysis increase potentially the success rate of the next treatment: less budget and better quality of life.